On March 19, The State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy published updated patient and caregiver numbers for the Ohio Medical Marijuana Program. See below the current totals for the patient, sales, and professional figures for Ohio’s medical cannabis industry.
Patient Figures as of February 28, 2021:
- 244,163 Total Recommendations
- 176,387 Total Registered Patients
- 11,722 Patients with Veteran Status
- 12,714 Patients with Indigent Status
- 915 Patients with a Terminal Diagnosis
- 155,961 unique patients who purchased medical marijuana (as reported to OARRS by licensed dispensaries)
- 19,956 Registered Caregivers
Sales Figures as of March 13, 2021:
- 39,878 lbs. of plant material sold
- 3,051,373 units of manufactured product sold
- $338.3 million in product sales
- 2,483,347 total receipts
- Plant Sales Average: $30.34 per 1/10oz
- Manufactured Sales Average: $42.46 per unit
Professional Figures as of March 10, 2021:
- 679 Certificates for Doctors to Recommend
- 48 Processor Provisional Licenses
– Note: 30 provisional licensees have received Certificates of Operation
- 7 Testing Provisional Licenses
– Note: 3 provisional licensees have received Certificates of Operation
- 57 Dispensary Provisional Licenses
– Note: 52 provisional licensees have received a Certificate of Operation
- 20 Level I Cultivator Provisional Licenses
– Note: 15 provisional licensees have received Certificates of Operation
- 14 Level II Cultivator Provisional Licenses
– Note: 12 provisional licensees have received Certificates of Operation
Questions about the Ohio Medical Marijuana program? Reach out to us at medicateOH@gmail.com – we’re happy to help!
Alex Perry is an Executive Board Member and the Editor in Chief at Medicate OH. Outside of cannabis writing, branding, and advocacy, Alex manages brands at Perry Rose Media LLC and teaches digital marketing and provides targeted tarot & astrology readings at The Perry Rose Academy. Catch up with Alex on Instagram @alexperrypr and stream her podcast, The Perry Rose Report, everywhere podcasts are heard.
Please consider helping MedicateOH continue to do important reporting on patients who are healing their trauma with cannabis as well as assist us in building specific profiles of cannabis strains that are proving to treat Ohioans’ PTSD by donating today. Donations are tax-deductible and will benefit future patient education initiatives.